Several months after the World Cup, a different version arose about the expulsion of the Inter goalkeeper from the World Cup
Everything is due to a personal problem between the president of the Cameroonian Football Federation, Samuel Eto’o and the player
The presence of the Cameroon national team at the Qatar 2022 World Cup it attracted a lot of attention right from the start. After the first match against Switzerland, an alleged discussion between the coach Rigoberto Song AND Andre Onana led to the exclusion from the team of the starting goalkeeper of “Los Leones”.
However, after several months, a different version arose about the expulsion of the Inter goalkeeper from the World Cup. As it turns out, the decision wasn’t due to the alleged fight, but a a personal problem between the president of the Cameroonian football federation, Samuel Eto’o, and the player. During a press conference on the occasion of his resignation as third vice president of Fecafoot, Henry Njalla Quan has provided a different perspective of the events.
“Eto’o has an unprofessional problem with André Onana. Onana and Rigobert Song have no problem. The summoning of Onana for the selection was and is subordinated to the president of the federationconfessed Henry Njalla Quan.
“I formally asked him about the future of our goalkeeper in the national team, e He replied that the boy’s career is overand that the letter he sent to his club Inter Milan was to get rid of the boy, so how can anyone be so petty? I wanted to get rid of him at all costs.“added the former third vice president of Fecafoot about what the former footballer did after the World Cup with the Onana case.
During the press conference, he denounced several other irregularities and attacks against Samuel Eto’o which, according to Henry Njalla Quan, would lead to his resignation from his post in the Cameroon Football Federation.
• “The stars of the national team are stifled by someone who was himself a star when he was a footballerand wants to continue being a manager. He’s in all meetings, he’s in all training sessions. Even the coach feels suffocated by Eto’o’s omnipresence”
• “I used my pocket money to make donations to footballers. Eto’o has promised not to touch his salary as president of FECAFOOTwhere is that promise? Today FECAFOOT has a debt of tens of billions of francs. Whose fault is it?”
• “No member of the FECAFOOT general assembly has ever proposed extending the president’s mandate from 4 to 7 years. The only issue debated was the increase of the number of terms of the president from two to three 4-year terms, as is the case in CAF and FIFA. Eto’o manipulated an entire country!”
• “I was president of the marketing committee of FECAFOOT, but I did not have access to any documents relating to the different sponsorships. I don’t know how much the contracts with One All Sports, Orange, MTN are worth… I have asked for these documents several times, the last time from the president, but the employees of the Federation have told me they will not give them to me…”
• “Eto’o gave 1 million francs to a football official to keep an eye on me, and this man started threatening my family. I referred the matter to the prosecutor, who took steps to ensure my safety… The gentleman threatened me, saying he would go naked before he died… President Samuel Eto’o held a meeting with the others members of the executive committee at the Starland hotel, during which he said he no longer trusts me because I ask too many questions.”
• “I do not regret the resignation. Things weren’t going the way I wanted… In the South West region, I donated equipment to clubs, players and referees. I have also given financial support to certain media, even if today they insult me. I spent about 10 million francs”
• “In the executive committee of FECAFOOT there are competent people, such as teachers, counselors and others. I cannot understand how they can be manipulated in this way. If I were them, I would be ashamed